Friday, January 28, 2011

Cooked Chicken Or Frozen Oz

Tea Tea Caddy, antiquated atmosphere for snack

When a friend offered me that 'I'll see the last weekend, I decided to take her to a tea room. So I went against the unspoken rule which requires that only girls taste, because taste, as everyone knows, "it's not for boys" (I say just pfffffffffffffffff).
And as I like to go after things, I took him to the Tea Caddy. The Tea Caddy is an institution. Opened in 1928, is the essence of English tea room that stands before you. You enter a room with large wooden panels, and are immediately seized with a desire to whisper. I was not gone for almost four years, but nothing has changed. When the friend arrived, he had to finally admit that there are men. But the atmosphere is so at odds with a bar rubgymen they are hardly noticeable, they blend into the decor ...
I chose a vanilla tea Madagascar and scones with homemade strawberry jam. My friend took him a cold coffee ("you're sick?? I will not drink tea ???") and crumble. Apparently the crumble was very good ... My tea was delicious anyway and my scones were perfect, even if I had forgotten that they are preparing. I like my scones prepare myself, cut in half, put a thick layer of cream, and add jam. Another thing, as I usually eat at home, and I do for a regiment, did have two little me a little frustrated. But you tell me it's better for my line, and you do not twist ... The other desserts looked equally delicious and I would return their muffins taste good. Beware the muffins are not muffins U.S., but a sort of brioche that you eat with butter and jam!
Apart from that the service is lovely although sometimes a little hesitant.
PS1 I have other friends that the idea of tea much less put off. Special dedication to AA, the tea lover.
PS2 there is a brunch that I've never done ... € 27, in my opinion is a serious book.
PS3 while you're there you can make a trip to bookstore Shakespeare & co nearby. Open daily.
14 rue Saint-Julien le Pauvre
75005 Hours: daily from 11am to 19h
Price: 5.5 € tea and more than 6 € pastry ... yes I know ...
Note: there are people, but generally they do not take reservations ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment