Saturday, February 19, 2011

Does Rubbing Cocaine On Your Gums Make You High?

A strange place for a meeting

Yes, it is the name of a restaurant, and especially, as I learned later, a kind of Parisian concept under the acronym Purify, with the original address in Montmartre in 2002, then a few years later, another place with rue Saint Sauveur, in addition, the famous gym-chic Issime Klay. I chose one of the Rue Montorgueil. I confess I have difficulty with this street, but we had dinner near Les Halles to see a masterpiece of cinema, Sex Friends , so call to reserve a table for 5: "Oh we do not take reservations, but no problem, there will be room." I'm coming. I have to wait, because if everyone is not there, we can not have table, in case people better than me, to say, people who arrive in groups of five directly, pointing the tip of their nose. You understand, it annoys me. Especially that 8 people moved to a table for 10-12 people, and would like Laureen, "they have not booked them?". Moving on.

was a table is very subdued, at the edge of darkness (the photos illustrate the side diving with Jacques Cousteau, "Welcome to a world unknown ..."), and the downside of the evening, the noise level. We must call to his neighbor "yes, yes, that sucker Jean Louis dropped me like a sock" - do not worry, person has heard or your table, or the cook. Y has a catch, dark and noisy like a black mass to the Catacombs ... Banish any appointment without gallant 2 degrees of alcohol in the blood, or otherwise it will end up wrong. Probably more appropriate for a dinner with friends, when it is finally over so bad not to hear for the 15th time the same joke from 3èmeB. Bitched enough, the burgers arrive (13 € the cheese - there was a Burger with meat Brac Aubrac cantal to 16 €, but restrained myself right before the wise orders of my girlfriends), the carpaccio (within 13 € ) and salad with figs funny, etc.. Not bad at all, is a side brasserie - bistro - good work that is not trivial, but it is true that for once can not be too faint to the color of the ingredients ...

way out, I heard myself say "oh we're better, quiet," yes I am old, but I still go to rock concerts. Finally, the place is nice, very déjà vu replica of Soho, but fun anyway, at normal prices (you can get by for less than 15 €, even with a daily special at 12 €, except if you take cocktails in the 6-7 €, and this is not a place where I order wine ...), I think the Also worth brunch, so take your pick noise level: a morning coffee for me as a killjoy, a mojito at night burger for lunch that's still eardrums.

A strange place for a meeting
58 rue Montorgueil 75002 Paris

01 42 36 36 43
contact@drole-dendroit-montorgueil.fr
If you manage to book, thank you for telling me! ! Open daily

0 comments:

Post a Comment