Monday, August 3, 2009

Brazilian With Hemorrhoids

Maigret and the ghost

I referred in my last post, receiving an email from a Georges Simenon ... twenty years after his death. A namesake of the author, even a passionate write me, I expected a little. What I found particularly surprising is that this reincarnation, the ghost of Simenon somehow uses the famous address that I created here a few months in the body of my novel: georges-simenon@hotmail.fr

Sir, It is with astonishment that I discovered that my email address used in a novel, your it seems, without that I was informed, much less that it Myself sollicité.Cet use without my permission, my email tells me a serious injury. I get in effect for several days of emails from people who appear there, read your novel, some take me for you, others think I am a murderer! "I think it will not be long before my address is posted on the internet and I am flooded with such messages! My address is no longer usable, not to mention invitations MSN I get! I know what you expect faire.Dans waiting for your response GS

shit then! It stinks. Trial, troubles in perspective and a publisher, legally responsible, angry. But I had everything planned. As soon as the announcement of the official distribution of my thriller, I double checked with Microsoft address available would answer the webmaster U.S. last March. I stopped there in my investigations, not taking care to validate the creation of this email account condemned to vegetate.

Therefore, two possibilities open to me. First idea, I keep the info for me, I talk to anyone, and if it is the famous George will not continue. If it is too bad it's just a joker, a schoolboy joke, that of a guy who, taking advantage of the availability of this email, fun meant to scare me. Second idea: No, I must talk to my editor. I can not keep it to myself at risk of being fooled by a prankster.

Finally, in the middle of my vacation, I decided to contact the new authors. "It is good that you call me, my editor told me, you have to prepare myself patches for a new printing of 1500 copies for the restocking (book stock to meet demand from booksellers). Your book sells well, if this keeps up, the stock replenishment will be exhausted in mid-August. "

result, the joy of a reprint masked bad my anxiety. I employed finally an evening of holidays in the Auvergne to correct a misspelling raised by my mother, a mismatch of year of birth of a character and a typo while I hastened to change the famous e-mail address georges-Simenon by adding an e to hotmail to avoid trial in my editor and invalidate the email address appearing in my text.

Thereupon, on Monday, a new mail from the famous George, after my last post and my non-response:
Hello, Mr. Jordan, I see that obviously you do not bother to answer my message and the height of boorishness, you're laughing at me on your blog! I am neither a "type" or "Georges Simenon" but merely a passion that uses the address georges-simenon@hotmail.fr that you used in your book, without my permission I will remind you! Now as I assumed my address in addition to being in your novel is taken up on the internet and I'm spammed! And despised by you! Before you laugh you could have the correct answer and check! Bravo Mr. singer-policeman. I repeat my question that you intend to do to stop the unrest caused? GS (of course this is not true Georges Simenon!)

surprising that new email. I found myself a bit in the skin of Maigret, the ghost hunt. I was about to answer the lout he made too many spelling mistakes to be a real enthusiast of Simenon, and spam received could be consecutive to his consultation of adult sites. Finally, I changed my mind, preferring the courtesy to aggression. Above all, this way of writing and the computer skills were not without remembering a friend, nay a colleague's best cyber-policeman that I frequent and some features are found in the character of Lawrence Delapierre a Captain of the Juvenile.
soon I decided to answer in these terms:

Mr unknown
The author is pleased to hear that you're a regular reader of his blog and you have come his novel. But beyond your suffering, You did not mean what you thought of the book.
As for the policeman, he is reassured when you tell him you're not a homonym or near Simenon. The man of the law reminds you about it for a few months, identity theft computer is classified as a crime.
If I've not answered last week was that I thought your email account was the fact one of my friends computer enthusiast, and I would still think that in this place you using improperly hiding one of my friends.
Sincerely,

GS responded immediately :

Damned, I'm outed!! Go
I'm nice, I'd give this address as a souvenir!

Thanks Lolo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment