Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cause Of Face Swelling Up

Blood Ink at 36: recent flows, recent comments and a few signings in perspective ...

Young Author unmonumented, two months ago I operated a real plunge into the unknown. Because writing is one thing, selling is a different story. Search columnists, sending the book to several journalists, I emptied my phone plan in less than time it takes for Usain Bolt to cover the 100 meters. Surprise! Besides the Prisma, the price of players associated VSD, the press has responded (Europe 1, Metro France, France Info, Western France), as well as several internet writers.

Nevertheless, despite visits to several libraries to determine their discharge, I stayed some time away from the overall figures. My editor told me finally figure of 1300 sales after ten days of marketing, a good omen. However, the publisher did not give me any particular purpose.

before yesterday, I read in an article Telerama a first novel sold 5,000 copies was a success. This is great, because my editor told me, besides a reprint of 1500 copies of "Blood ink on 36" which was in addition to 12,500 copies distributed, a sales figure of around 4500 to 23 August. Another source told me 5200 to the same date. I was excited about these numbers of course, especially as Fnac.com placed my fleece in the eighth and sixth place in the list of novels large, behind the three Millennium by Stieg Larsson.





In this regard, I enclose the last three Reviews received:



Finally the real policeman! Book
perfectly well written, no vulgarity. Reading is easy, the characters well described, and the suspense on every page. I really enjoyed myself and I hope we Herve Jourdain will release a new thriller. A big thank you to the author.

Dear Herve,
I wanted to tell you that I am currently reading your novel and yet I feast! for me you are the "ED MC BAIN" french the 21st century, I have the feeling of being totally immersed in this investigation in the heart of 36 Quai des goldsmiths ... The characters are endearing because they are real ... In Anyway I'll make a huge best seller in the bookstore because I will make sure that this is a big success to share my favorite! I will be your special correspondent in St. Cloud ... Congratulations! A Soon


That, my reading is over ... unfortunately! Your book put me in GAV for 48 and loved it! It is one of those books I do not want to ask because I want to know more, a book that makes me miss my subway, bus, my pasta that turns to mush. inedible because I did not monitor the cooking (it was this afternoon, thank you Hervé!), which makes me fight against sleep, because I say "at the end of this chapter, j'éteinds and sleep ... but the end comes and I'll stay on mine ... so I repeated one! !
I loved your book for a ton of reasons: I like the style, without exaggeration. There is necessarily realistic in detail because it is your job, and it counts. Not only for the details, but also for the characters, I guess the cops in this novel are not so fictitious it finally. This beautiful and rebellious Nora has incredible strength and what Duhamel, who appeals to women you said, but especially loves to seduce. It does not make it, a little old school, who knows his job and who says what he thinks, but ultimately remains quite enigmatic ... I think! The plot, perfect! Simenon ringside seat! Nothing to say. Worked in the suspense until the end, I did not think this villain XXXXXXXXX may be the murderer! And what a tribute to
36! This dive inside this place, all these minute details, colors until the coffee machine, all these little chickens running around! We're in the mood. Dauphine and the square that I love, it's so quiet, with his pigeons! I felt the back of your book as a beautiful tribute to the dock of Goldsmiths and your colleagues.
Honestly, for a first novel is successful. I do not know if you intend to do a series of adventures, but one thing is certain, that it is necessary that you continue to write, because me, I want to read and I hope the next you myself autograph it!


few signings and meetings are scheduled for the fall:
  • Fnac Nantes on September 19
  • First festival of the detective novel Roissy-en-Brie (77), early October
  • Media Choisy-le-Roi (94) October 10
  • Cognac Festival on 17 and 18 October
  • Meeting at the Library of Fresno (94) November 7
soon.





0 comments:

Post a Comment